Thank you for seeking our funding support, but before you start we need to ask you a couple of questions…
- Are you the student’s school Principal? If yes please continue …
- Are you on staff at the school and therefore a nominated school representative? If yes please continue …
- Are you a parent or Caregiver? If yes, STOP and please refer this nomination to the Applicants / students school Principal or School Representative.
If you are a Principal or Principal’s representative working at the Applicant’s school go to the Applications page here.
- Set up your school’s log-in using the generic principal’s email address. e.g. theprincipal@email@example.com (Please do not use the principal’s personal email address)
- Hit the Apply Now Button.
- Answer all mandatory questions. Witness the necessary form/s –i.e Team Levy form and Uniform Order form. Please note: you do not have to send this but we recommend that you scan and save a copy.
- Complete your application.
- For assistance, please call Julie-Anne Dietz on 0414 779 766.
Please ensure that you have checked the following minimum requirements:
- The Nominee is registered with one of the three (3) major schooling systems in Queensland (State, Catholic, Independent)
- The Nominee plays or intends to participate in an official and current Queensland School Sport (QSS) and/ or QSS Sporting events. E.g.
- District sport
- Regional sport
- State sport
- National sport
- International sport
- The Nominee is a minimum of 10 years old in the year of nomination
- The Nominee is a maximum of 19 years old in the year of nomination
- The Nominee or the family meets the criteria for facing hardship, either financial or remote issues, disability or chronic illness or a short term hardship issue that may prevent them from participating in school sport.
If you believe a Nominee meets our criteria for funding, we recommend the following steps:
- School makes the application – If the school is satisfied that the nominee meets the criteria (link to the criteria page) for the specific cause for funding assistance, the school may submit an application using the Apply Now Button and login using your school’s login details.
- Key Question – What makes this application unique? – The school needs to answer all mandatory questions including as much detail as you can. Remember, the stronger the applicant’s story the greater chance for a favourable outcome.
- Parental / Caregiver assistance – Parents and/ or Care givers are expected to assist with each nomination. We view A4K funding as a hand-up not a hand-out and we are more likely to approve a request were the family has been very supportive. This includes parental assistance with providing all the information required. A copy of the specific criteria questions and information required should be given to the parent / caregiver to assist the school compiling the information needed so that a fair assessment can be made.
- The School and / or Parent Care giver provide the necessary forms:
- Current Health Care Card (where applicable)
- Evidence of costs associated with the event (such as the team levy, uniform costs form or any other associated costs)
- Signed Project Consent Form and Parent Consent Form (this can be downloaded from our website here)
What is making life difficult for your nominee?
A4K assists those nominees facing extenuating circumstances that directly impact on the nominee participating in current QSS sport and QSS Sporting events e.g.
- Cancer and associated extreme health care needs
- Loss of work
- Difficult home life or associated domestic issues
*Note – Applications can only be submitted through the nominee’s school by the school Principal or their nominated school representative. Ultimately the school Principal needs to see, endorse and sign off all applications for it to be considered.
Who is allowed access to the nomination portal?
- School Principal
- Deputy Principal
- Sports Co-ordinator
- HPE Teacher
- Class Teacher
- Guidance Officer
Please note – PARENTS or CARE GIVERS are NOT included in this list, but are requested to assist the school with this nomination by supplying the required information. Forms can be downloaded from the website.